Buh?

No really. Buh?

Once the caliber, gauge and other ammunition parameters have been selected, we will ask you (by way of your funeral service provider) to send approximately one pound of the decedant’s ash to us. Upon receiving the ashes our professional and reverant staff will place a measured portion of ash into each shotshell or cartridge.

That’s one of those things that makes you go, “What the fuck were you thinking you creepy bastid?”

It does, however, lead to the questions:

Who or what would you want to be shot at? (be careful, no death threats)

What caliber?

I would want to be 30.06 and be shot at some “endangered” (not real endangered, but the faux kind of “endangered”) species like poley bears, from a helicopter.

I have their motto

You can have my bullets when you make them from my cold, dead hands

H/T The Firearm Blog

About these ads
Comments
  1. doubleplusundead says:

.30-06? I’m surprised you didn’t go for something more obscure, militant or classic, you know, like 5.75 Velo-Dog :P.

For me, 8 Bore Holland and Holland, underlever sidelock and double hammers.

2. doubleplusundead says:

Correction, 5.75mm Velo-Dog.

3. doubleplusundead says:

Interesting, is it based on the 1100 action?

• veeshir says:

It’s based on a 740 action I guess. Remington made a 740, then 742 then 7400. The differences are mostly cosmetic.

It’s a mag-fed, semi-auto 30.06. Perfect for hunting deer in the Catskill where you sometimes need to shoot through trees. It has 4 round mags, I got some mall ninja, 10 rounders, but the first two and the last one don’t feed so they’re 7 rounders.

I got a 7400 when I was 16 but I really loved my father’s 742.
      He gave it to me a few years ago along with one of my other favorite guns, a Savage .22/.410 over/under he got in the 50s and is worth probably $100, the Remington is worth maybe $250.

They were both just my first, favorite guns, that’s why I like them so much.

4. doubleplusundead says:

Looks like it’d behave and point like a shotgun, I’d run one with irons only. I’d never seen one before, but you don’t see as many semi-auto sport rifles in PA since you can’t hunt ground game with autoloaders.

• veeshir says:

since you can’t hunt ground game with autoloaders.
      Really? I didn’t know that.

I had a choice of rifles, I almost chose a Winchester 30-30, but I wanted the bigger round to avoid deflections.

• doubleplusundead says:

Yeah, as gun-friendly as PA is generally, autoloaders for ground game, both long gun and handguns are pretty restricted for hunting. We’re one of the few states that restrict it that way, though there has been a small effort to try and pass an law to allow .22 LR semis for squirrels, wabbits and small varmints. You can use autos if you’re disabled and running a manually cycled firearm is too cumbersome or impossible.

• veeshir says:

I have a Remington Sportmaster, .22 with a tube mag, It shoots 15 LR and 20 shorts. I got it when I was 14 for hunting squirrels and just target shooting. The bb gun was getting boring.

I used it, I think once maybe twice, for hunting squirrel then stuck to a 20 gauge.

Don’t get me wrong, it was a lot of fun. But…. squirrels are small, and they’re often up in the air and they’re also often moving.
          I couldn’t tell you where all my shots went in the heat of the moment. It’s too easy to start rapid-firing when you miss the first shot.
          I always wanted to use my father’s Savage but I haven’t been hunting squirrel in a long time.

Can farmers use them on critters in fields?
          A Ruger 10/22 is an option for your tractor in upstate NY. I’d be surprised if they don’t have one in Deere green.

5. Holy Smoke! says: