Archive for October, 2011
Ninja Nun comic strip.
Pretty funny. I’ve been reading for a couple months or so and been meaning to link.
The Walken Dead, pretty funny.
Via Are We Lumberjacks? (the answer is “No”)
Okay, that’s funny.
A group of atheists c… is planning to unveil a billboard …with a quote from Thomas Jefferson bashing Christianity. The quote reads, “I do not find in Christianity one redeeming feature. It is founded on fables and mythology…
…The Jefferson Library Collection at Monticello lists it on a page of spurious Jefferson quotes.
To quote Abraham Lincoln, “The thing about quotes on the internet is that you cannot confirm their validity.”
Organized Atheists piss me off more than they piss off religious types I think. Their whole goal appears to make me look bad and to just be dicks.
Ignorant dicks in this case.
Saw it at the Allah and a bunch of boring idjits website.
That jackass with the bullhorn needs moar stick time,
And that shit is dangerous, even at a low speed, those bikes are fucking heavy.
I guess this is what Sheriff Joe was warning us about.
I can’t exactly put my finger on why this article bothers me.
In a nutshell, there’s a guy who is paid to walk kids to school. They call it a “walking bus”.
I guess I’m not so much turned off by the idea of what they’re doing as I am by the whole OMG THESE KIDS CAN WALK TO SCHOOL AND IT’S GOOD FOR THEM aspect of it. (And they bring their umbrellas when it rains!!!11!1!!) Like the Camp Hill School District invented the idea of walking or something.
We are such a nation of pansies.
Tormented by visions of him biting off my nose or chewing off my testicles, I was relieved when he clambered up onto me to offer nothing more menacing than a hug.
Yeah, I can see how that might come as something of a relief.
All kinds of economic sites across EUnuchstan are reporting a rumor that Germany is printing up Deutche marks in case you know, they need them.
All the articles cite Pippa Malmgren, former Bush economic advisor and EUnuchstanian economical knower abouter.
That link has some innnterrrrresting prognostications.
- Greece defaults
- Germany protects German banks but other countries cannot do the same thus quickly provoking multiple sovereign defaults and or bank failures, all of which may easily lead to a payments crisis in the global banking system. Derivatives are particularly at risk in terms of operation and execution.
- The Euro falls in value especially against the US dollar
- The Germans announce they are re-introducing the Deutschmark. They have already ordered the new currency and asked that the printers hurry up.
- The Euro falls even more on any news that Germany is withdrawing from the Euro.
- Legal wrangling begins as to the legality of Germany’s decision. Resolution takes years.
- Germany insists that the Euro continues to exist even they do not use it any longer. They emphasize that European unification will continue and suggest new legal instruments to strengthen European Unification including new EU Treaties.
And then she adds
The markets are focused on the imminent default by Greece. But, this is not the most important issue now. The historic development the markets have not priced in as that Germany is preparing to exit the Euro. The markets are very likely to have to contend with the re-introduction of Deutsche Marks in the near future. This is bound to mean a collapse in the value of the Euro
If it’s true, that’s going to hilarious.
And very fucking scary.
Which means it’s probably true.
When I was in Europe for the Olympics I spent time in Holland and Italy, both places want their own currency back so maybe the issues that most stupid and unhelpful people predicted back when the European Common Market morphed into EUnuchstan are happening.
Looked for the link due to a comment from some guy named Mitchell. I think he has some weird hate/hate deal with Enos Yorl, who nobody’s seen lately.
I’m thinking EY and Sinistar are being held hostage in someone’s basement, maybe this “Mitchell” character knows something about that. We should ask him.
I personally think Germany should use Kruger Rands, make with the clicky to see why.