During my insanely long commute to work (and a little in the mornings at work before my phone starts ringing off the hook), I’ve been listening to podcasts to keep my brain from completely turning to mush.
I use and recommend the BeyondPod app for Android. A few months ago I upgraded to the premium version, which I feel was well worth it. Now I can queue multiple downloads and can adjust the playback speed. I generally listen at 1.1x speed.
For better or worse, here’s my current list. Feedback greatly appreciated.
- Ace of Spades – (weekly for the most part) – The best part of waking up on Friday.
- Coffee and Markets – (daily podcast) – Suffering from a dearth of Ben Domenech, but still pretty good.
- Ricochet – both the “flagship”/namesake one, and GLOP.
- AEI’s “Banter”
- Uncommon Knowledge
- The Tim Ferriss Show – Author of the “four hour” books.
- The James Altucher Show
- Mark Levin Radio Show – Sporadically when I think ML might have special insight into a topic, or the show title grabs me.
I just added “Mad Dogs and Englishmen” to my queue and will be trying that out tomorrow. I also have the TED app, which allows TED talks to be downloaded. Don’t use it too much, but have been meaning to.
I’d throw up links, but (1) it’s probably just as easy to search from your podcast app and (2) I’m lazy.
Given my areas of interest, I am reminded again of why I have no friends.