Illinois Taxes Amazon. Amazon Leaves Illinois

Posted: March 19, 2011 by Edward von Bear in FAIL, Fucking Markets, Hotassery, I'm Afraid I Can't Blog That, It's Science!, Liberal FAIL, Liberal Fascism, Stupid Question Time

Elections. Consequences. You know the rest.

Comments
  1. aliceaitch says:

This happened here in Colorado last year.

2. Purple Raider says:

As an Illinois resident, I vowed years ago to spend as little money as possible in this state.

I buy gas, groceries, gas, liquor and big ticket items in Indiana. I do not frequent Illinois businesses, and certainly do not buy anything in Cook County.

They want my money, they will have to jail me.

3. davisbr says:

OT. Maybe. But none-the-less, entirely appropriate.

I was glancing through the puppy blender this morning, and almost missed this.

…and because I’m a giver.

…this is characteristic of the sorts of people who go into politics. It’s also a reason not to give those people — who are, by nature, morally and intellectually inferior in many respects — too much control over people’s lives or resources.

…the sorts of people who go into politics …who are…by nature, morally and intellectually inferior ….

Best online description of what it takes to be a “good” politician evah.

4. davisbr says:

shit.

the puppy blender

…wasn’t paying attention before I passed Go.

5. SOYLENT GREEN says:

Who is John Gault?

Bwuhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

I had a long go-round with a lefty on a blog a few years ago about taxes.

He refused to accept that companies take taxes into account in their balance sheets.

He refused to accept that if you charge a company higher taxes they would raise their prices.
    I was reduced to saying, “There’s income and outgo, taxes are part of outgo” and he refused to accept that.

It went ’round the mulberry bush so long without a pop that I finally just stopped.

I was being ridiculed for the stupidity of thinking that sellers-of-goods pay attention to their tax rate and for the further idiocy of saying that corporations don’t pay taxes, I do when i buy their goods or services.

I’ve always wondered how prevalent that line of thought is among leftists.

I guess it’s alive and well in Illinois.