And again, no.

Posted: March 31, 2011 by aliceaitch in Zombies!

Zombies don’t have existential crises.

It’s like why they don’t run.  Just as their ankles would break due to the impact, their brains can’t survive the electricity flowing across their synapses.

Comments
  1. Ogre says:

When I went to the linked page, the ad at the top was for The Kennedys and I thought ‘Awesome! What a great idea for a zombie movie!!’

Was mildly disappointed that that was not the case. Yet. I think they could get Lindsay Lohan to star as dead Jackie, Rosie O’Donnell to star as Dead Ted…

2. alexthechick says:

Just what we need – fast zombies who read Camus.

Tallahassee will know how to fix that.

3. Sean M. says:

Hmmmm…I don’t suppose anybody got accused of ripping off Twilight and hastily crossed out references to vampires in their screenplay and replaced them with zombies or anything.

4. jic says:

There should be a 10-year moratorium on Romero-style zombies in popular culture. Crap like this proves the whole concept is completely exhausted.

Here’s an idea: how about a return to real zombies; animated corpses controlled by a sorcerer or mad scientist, preferably set in either Louisiana or Haiti? No contagion, no flesh-eating. There haven’t been many movies like that since the ’60s, so it would be a fresh concept to modern audiences

5. Ogre says:

‘Highschool of the Dead’ is unexpectedly good. Japanese animation mixed with straight up zombie goodness. Subtitles but you don’t really need words in a good zombie flick (cartoon).

Since I don’t need the sound on, I can enjoy it without headphones — I put a bunch of episodes on my iPhone so it may look like I’m checking text messages and email but I’m really just dicking around.

6. >As a bonus, all the cartoon gore is enough to keep people leaning away from me and leaving me alone when I’m stuck flying somewhere.<

You can achieve the same effect with linking to donkey pr0n or goatsesrus.com.

7. I’ll second the recommendation of High School of the Dead, and add that the series has outstanding amounts of fanservice.

8. TimothyJ says:

I’m sorry but once you have seen a zombie running, you kind of forget all the intellectual mumbo jumbo that gets articulated on the blots. This one was running pretty fast, and his thought processes seemed to be screaming, “food!!!” But then, I may be prejudiced, as I have only seen the one zombie. But he sure was light on his feet.