Let me retort

Posted: August 6, 2011 by alexthechick in Brevity etc.

Refused. Fuck you.

Comments
  1. Sean M. says:

Once the Republicans gained control of the House of Representatives, they began to systemically undermine the Dodd-Frank reform law, pushing back against new, and mostly sensible, regulations designed to prevent another meltdown.

Dodd = Friend of Angelo.

Frank = Boyfriend of a Fannie Mae executive.

Boy, that reform law had a lot of teeth, I’m sure. Yeah

• veeshir says:

It wasn’t that there weren’t laws and regs about oversight, it’s that the people who were supposed to be oversighting, weren’t.

That was the deal. But no, we need more regulation because the previous raft of regulation wasn’t enforced.

It’s like gun control, sure it was illegal for the guy to own the gun in the shooting, but let’s make it even more illegal! That’ll work.

2. Nord says:

With a pineapple

3. Too little, and way too late.

4. davisbr says:

Absolutely steeped in stupid.

His basic premise is “government money grows on trees, so if the evil Republicans won’t allow government to spend, we’re all doomed and it’s your fault”.

His reasoning – unremarkably – goes serioudly downhil from that high point.

Hmm. Maybe I wasn’t being fair to stupid people in my initial comment.

…this is an almost pristine example of why trying to rationally argue an issue with “these people” is almost certainly doomed to failure.

Jeezus.

5. davisbr says:

I dot a duffy node dis mordin’

I will give him one thing, even has he shows he still thinks we were wrong, he admits he was wrong to call us names.

How often does that happen these days? That’s what ticks me off the most.

People pretty much calling me names (ignorant, unhelpful, knee-jerk, racist…) and then just pretending it didn’t happen when they get their epiphany.

Today’s “conventional wisdom” is yesterday’s “unhelpfulness” because, as we all know, there is no greater sin than being right too soon.