Gee, if only there were a group who thought this way in America

Posted: August 8, 2011 by veeshir in Drunkblogging, FAIL, Funniest End of Civilization Evah, GOP FAIL, Liberal FAIL, Notes on the Revolution, Obama's Fault, PEBKAC

I’m only using this Aussie link because it’s the one that crystallized the thought. It could have been any story in the Wash Post, CNN, NY Times, Hot Air or even here.

One Australian politician predicted the debt crisis enveloping the US.

It wasn’t Treasurer Wayne Swan, though he did join in the mocking of the MP that did, or Opposition treasury spokesman Joe Hockey or Prime Minister Julia Gillard.

Yeah, who couldathunk we’d be bankrupting ourselves? Certainly not any right-thinking people. Maybe some unhelpful types.

I mean, nobody was thinking about how bad it could be if we kept spending the way we’ve been spending

It’s just crazy to think any of this could have been predicted and, as FrnakJ says, let’s make our kids pay for our debt, what have they done for us?

Eh, I’m sure it’ll all work out. After all, just because we owe far more than we make and are borrowing more than I’d make in 10 lifetimes every second, well, we’re Ur Babylon Sparta Egypt Rome Byzantium Ottoman Empire Dragon Throne British Empire USSR The United States! We can’t not keep ruling the world. When we cut defense spending to the bone because that’s the only place they can cut (politically and temperamentally)? Well, I’m sure the world will be fine and we totally won’t have to go “Over There” again when it all blows up again. Unexpectedly!

(all pics 4/15/09 Wash DC Tea Party)

Yes, this is the time Veeshir chose to quit his cushy, overpaid gov’t job to move across the country to try something else.

Okie Veeshir!

Initial link via Tim Blair

Rant Via Jose Cuervo

Comments
  1. online shopping for wedding dresses says:

thanks for share, and i support the demostration.

2. davisbr says:

Hahaha: this has to be the most appropriate spam-bot message evah

Just in case:

online shopping for wedding dresses says:
    August 8, 2011 at 5:01 am
    thanks for share, and i support the demostration.

This, from Powerline went viral over the weekend …it was also my weekend “must view” email Youtube linkie to all my neanderthal-conservative family members.

And completely on-topic, for a change: whoo-hoo.

3. aliceaitch says:

I’m so jealous that you can pack everything you own into a trailer.

• veeshir says:

Everything I own now.
      I had to leave some stuff that I really didn’t want to leave.
      The worst part was that I had to take off the Flowmasters and put the stock exhaust back on to fit the damn tow bar.

• davisbr says:

You have no idea how insanely envious that pix made me too, LOL.

I’ll be lucky to pare down to a small trailer (behind the Wrangler), a medium rental trailer (behind the Crown Vic’), and a large-ish, Penske rental truck (which might – probably will – have a trailer too).

…nightmare.

4. You have a sweet ride, Mojaveeshir.

• veeshir says:

Thanks, I love that car. I was not happy about putting the tow bar on it (and having to take off the Flowmasters and putting the stock mufflers back on), but it did a great job hauling that trailer.
      I was doing around 80 most of the way across, I even got up to 90 or so, briefly and not on purpose, on some long downgrades,