“If You Come To A Fork In The Road, Take It”

Posted: January 16, 2012 by Edward von Bear in Brevity etc., Conservatism, Crapblog News

In life, sometimes we are faced with difficult choices that can test our core beliefs while also having a great impact on our world and our lives. I believe the (probably) inevitable Romney nomination is one such choice. So, given what is at stake, is there a point where we say, “fuck it”, do nothing but vote for Mittens (no volunteering, no money, no Jen Rubin-like blogging, etc), and devote our energy to working on building up a Senate majority that can block Obama or Romney, maintaining a House majority, expanding on Statehouse Majorities and Governorships (where our bench strength really is developed), and fighting for people such as Scott Walker in his recall fight?

That, or we can choose to become a network of recipe blogs. Just a thought.

Advertisements
Comments

That, or we can choose to become a network of recipe blogs

I’m leaning toward a Dita/Christina blog.

2. Mark E says:

So, Mittens gets a cheer from ‘moderate’ Obama-supporter Huntsman to go along with the endorsements from ‘moderates’ Bush 41, Bush 43 and ‘liberal’ McCain and having ‘won’ one open primary, one open straw pole and leading in one open primary and suddenly the grandfather of Obama care is “inevitable”?

This about the man who couldn’t win re-election after his highly touted and (supposedly) hugely successful governorship?

3. DejahThoris says:

So we go from a shitty one-term Dem president to a shitty one-term Republican president and thus swirleth around in the toilet bowl of global significance, with each subsequent election an exercise in diminishing returns.

Fuck it. Bring on the zombie apocalypse. Vote for the Undead in 2023! At least we’ll be voting for tasty brains.

4. alexthechick says:

I feel that the new crapblog direction of tits, bacon, booze and weapons is the way to go.

5. Gundo says:

Take that fork and stab somebody with it?

6. davisbr says:

…pretty much what I’ve arrived at.

The RNC hasn’t got any bucks from me (not that I ever gave much, but still …) since they flubbed Palin. I give to “worthy campaigns” directly (cut out the middle man). Well, “gave” …I’m starting to feel the effects of the recession, too.

…I haven’t been enthusiastic since Palin was a no-show …at this point, I’m resigned to being an ABO voter.