Okay, Now They’re Just Messing With Me

Posted: January 19, 2012 by veeshir in Exploding things, Win!, You'll pry 'em from my cold dead hands

Sonomobatch, now Colt is just messing with me.

I want this like burning.

The Colt 1877 Bulldog Gatling,

Fully Operational
Built To Original Size
45-70 Government Caliber (45-70 gov’t!!!!!!!!)
Fires Up To 800 Rounds Per Minute
Five Fully Brass Encased Direct Drive Barrel

It comes with ammo boxes and graduated sights out to 1,000 yards.

It weighs 250lbs so probably not too good for conceal carry, but boy oh boy could you do some damage to the zombie hordes attacking your redoubt. That deal would mow them like grass.

Well, BAG Day is less than 3 months away, time to start saving my pennies.$50,000 worth of them.

That’s a lot pennies. Probably more than a hundreds. I guess I should have gone to dentist school.

Via the Firearm Blog at Shot.

Update

Hee hee hee heeee. Awesome isn’t it?

Preach it brother.

Comments
  1. alexthechick says:

Come to me, my precious.

That makes me feel tingly in my special parts.

2. Lemur King says:

Wow, veesh… I’ve got a funny feeling coming over me. I look at that gun and to quote numerous other folks, “Anyone needs me, I’ll be in my bunk.”

Firing that thing probably wouldn’t be better than sex – it would be like having sex. I’m sure you’d want a cigarette afterwards. Maybe even a shower.

3. Nicole says:

That’s awful purty.

4. […] DPUD posted a thing of beauty.  If only I wasn’t engaged in retaliatory boycotting, I would post this link to his post so you could see the shiny-shiny toy.  How could you not love a brassy replica of the .45-70 […]

5. davisbr says:

The real question that comes to mind here, is: would Jayne have offered to trade that BFG to Mal for Saffron?

…now that just might be a true quandary, eh?

6. Russ from Winterset says:

800 rounds per minute of .45-70? Since that’s the max cyclic rate, let’s assume it’s 600 for normal use. At $1.20 a round, that’s $720 a minute.

Worth it……but I don’t know if the loan officer at my bank would agree.

• doubleplusundead says:

Everyone’s going to want to try it when you roll up to the range with this piece of kit, have ’em pay for ammo, maintenance and a bit extra. Besides, it’s $50K, if you’re gonna drop 50 keys on a gatling, my guess is you’re not worried about dropping a few grand at the range. On top of that this is not a gun you bring to the range with you every time, this is a three times a year kinda thing, thing weighs 250 lbs.

I’d much sooner buy a full auto American-180 or a transferable Norrell trigger pack for the 10/22.

I want to get either a ma-deuce or a Thompson for automatics, but that’s one cool weapon and, since it’s only semi-auto, it’s not a class-III (I would think, I am not a lawyer nor do I play one on the intertubes).

It is about as practical as a bayonet on a pistol, but boy oh boy is it pretty.

8. Lemur King says:

davisbr – no, I don’t think so. Vera, yes, but not this one. Vera was a worthy trade for Saffron’s… uh… assets.

Now, everyone else who is talking in terms of reality (cost, portability, etc.) about veeshir’s gun-pr0n… stop already. It’s going to ruin my moment. veeshir offered such a tasty morsel of gun-pr0n and … and… aw hell, I love brass and wood, you know?

Boycott has to go beyond “Double-secret Boycott” to “Triple-secret” now, I’m afraid.

If you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go look up DPUD’s “Norrell trigger pack for the 10/22”.

• davisbr says:

Norrell trigger pack here and here. Somewhere around 1200 rpm (one owner mentioned 1600 rpm)? 2 seconds and you need to reload. Jeezus.

Maybe re-customize with this and this.

…much more practical alternative for use in the Zombie Apocalypse though.

…but I’d not have had a problem with offering to trade it (at least) for Saffron (if I was Jayne).

9. davisbr says:

Crap. I forgot. Too many links …could someone un-moderate my [previous] comment, please?

10. doubleplusundead says:

I also think a semi DP-28 kit would be fun as hell, cheap 7.62x54R with a rifle fed by 50 round pans? Yes please!

11. doubleplusundead says:

Yup, you’ve been released from moderation purgatory.