Pastor calls for Starbucks boycott

Posted: February 4, 2012 by doubleplusundead in GOP FAIL, Queerblogging
Tags: , ,

Dude wants a boycott because Starbucks supported a bill allowing for gay marriage (PuffHo link advisory in effect) in Washington.

I’m still gonna support Starbucks because they continue to support the 2nd Amendment.  The Brady Campaign continues to call for Starbucks to bar people who carry from their shops, and Starbucks continues to kick the Bradys in the sack and refuse their requests.  Any company that kicks the Bradys in the nards is one I’ll buy from.

Gotta love some of the socons, ZOMG TEH QUEERS EVERYBODY PANIC as we’re 15 trillion in the fucking hole, shitheads on every level are trying to crush every bit of liberty we have left, we’re hurtling toward authoritarian rule and financial ruin and they’re worried about whether Michael and Steve can get married.  *facepalm*  Hey guys?  Learn to fucking prioritize.

Also, what’s the over/under on this pastor being a major closet case?  Seems like it’s a high ratio for pastors overly concerned about Teh Ghey.

Advertisements
Comments

Turns out, there is a Starbucks in AZ. Whodathunkit?

I have a handful of $2 bills, I’ll be all hopped up on espresso and whatever pastry they have on 2/14.

This affects my decision not at all… Either way.

2. alexthechick says:

Apparently I am a scary scary dangerous threat to all peace and liberty.

Grrrrrrrr.

3. Elliott says:

I don’t think I’d want to live in a world without ATC. So fuck that guy.

4. DejahThoris says:

I hate Starbuck’s coffee, but I may start patronizing them just because they support The Constitution.

This makes me wish I had a t-shirt that has a rainbow with a pot of guns and ammo at the end of it, so that I can show my support of GLBT rights AND the 2nd Amendment.

Fuck those douchenozzles! Alex, you are excellent just the way you are.

• veeshir says:

Yeah, their coffee sucks and they don’t have skim milk for capuccino so I usually get espresso there.
      Their pastries can be good. Sometimes.
      Sometimes they’re just weird to be weird.

5. Sockless Joe says:

Not sure why Starbucks decided to weigh in on that issue. Guns, at least you can make the argument that they have an interest in whether or not folks are packing heat in their stores. Teh ghey? Why get involved?

6. Teh ghey? Why get involved?

Because their offices in Seattle are known to be very receptive to hiring teh openly ghey, and I’m guessing that they believed that this would be a good “issue” for them to get involved with.

They’re probably right. With an espresso stand on every frackin’ corner here, many of which serve better coffee than that burnt swill anyway, they probably aren’t going to see a big impact on their business in Washington with this move anyway.

As for priorities, pushing the gay marriage bill through the Senate and the House in Olympia so close after passage of the registered domestic partnership act’s passage was a MUCH bigger priority than addressing the obscene budget shortfall this state has.

You may now commence with the flamethrowers.