Kagogi The Destroyer

Posted: September 18, 2012 by veeshir in Exploding things, Funniest End of Civilization Evah, PEBKAC, The Joys of Parenting

Ahhhhh, Kagogi the Destroyer, he started out so cute.

That’s when he was just Kagogi, a 2 month old pound mutt. The dog catcher found him and his brother at less than 2 months on the side of the road. He was just fur and bones and so darn cute.

Then his destructive proclivities made their appearance and he got his full name.

I have an extensive set from the Kagogi Signature Collection. Hardcover books, shoes, luggage, hats, furniture, you name it.

I don’t have a recent pic, rather, I don’t have a good recent one. Kago doesn’t stay still for long enough to get a picture.

I do have a recent picture of my doorknob. I flew to NY so I couldn’t take him, I left him home and had a neighbor feed him and take him for walks. Kago knows what my black bag means, it means I’m going away. When he sees it, he starts to freak. Almost always he comes with me, I’ve left him maybe 4 or 5 times and usually I had a roommate. In 2006 I went to the Olympics and my buddy came over to let him out and what not so I figured it would work again.

Sigh. I guess he wanted to go outside.

I have three windows, two in the living room and one in the bedroom. I now have to get new blinds for each window, fix the molding (you can just barely see it) and get a new doorknob. I’m leaving the doorknob till I move lest I forget his full name.

Good trip, crappy homecoming. The only reason the dog isn’t Korean BBQ and a fur coat right now is because I don’t need a fur coat in AZ. Lucky dog. It was nice to get back to AZ so I didn’t need to wear socks.

Contra Berk, Troy (Schenectady rather) was fucking cold. I had to wear long pants, socks, shoes and a sweatshirt to the airport. Landing in AZ was beautiful.

Comments
  1. Lemur King says:

Didn’t you leave him a few bowls of Lemur Kibbles or something?

That’s not a dog, that is a demon.

2. DejahThoris says:

Until he’s tearing 20 dollar bills into little tiny bits, that were left on bedside tables by your spouse, I won’t be impressed. This was in retribution for not getting a walk for more than 2 days. Luckily, we invariably make up for the loss whenever we do take the dogs for walks, as we find all the 10s and 20s droppped by joggers.

3. Paul Moore says:

I have been a landlord for thirty years. There is a reason why so many “House for rent” ads specify no pets.
    Although kids are worse.
    Locks on the bathroom door have a life expectancy of one year.
    Carpets last about three years.
    Light fixtures, (A.K.A. “pinatas”) about five.
    Every vacancy has a story to tell.
    Most of them are tragic.

• DejahThoris says:

Although kids are worse.

I’ve grumbled many a time over this. We carry a shit-ton of renter’s insurance, have always paid for and fixed even the most minor damage and yet have a hell of a time finding a decent place to live. We’ve always gotten our deposit back.

Ah well, not your problem 🙂

4. Paul Moore says:

Also- drywall craters come in two sizes, head and fist.

5. Berk says:

Yikes! So that was a quick end to my weather career… that area did go from early fall to early winter right quick. When I came back in this week there was no humidity left, and 40 is to damn cold for September!