A Distinction Without A Difference

Posted: March 29, 2016 by veeshir in Funniest End of Civilization Evah, GOP Win!, Notes on the Revolution

The Puppy Blender links Marks Levin

MARK LEVIN: “Anti-Establishment” is a crock — I want a Constitutional Conservative.

Yeah, see, the members of the We’re Better and Smarter Than You are all against the Constitution.

It restricts their power too much.

A question:

If Trump were trying to sabotage his presidential campaign, how would he have acted differently over the last 6 months?

That’s a poser, huh?

1 minute later update!!!!!!!

Forgot thidilemmas.

1. HayZeus says:

Trick question! Trump’s entire campaign is basically a cult of personality (because the last two times we did that as a country it worked out so well for us) so in order for him to sabotage it, he’d have to stop being… Trump.😛

• veeshir says:

To me, Trump peeps are different from Obama peeps only in who they want to piss off.

One of my buddies out here is a Trump fan, he’s just in it for who Trump pisses off and who attacks him and how.

• HayZeus says:

I feel ya. I love love love drawing mystified Obama lovers into the “cult of personality” angle by pointing out that this was O’s entire bit as well. When they inevitably disagree, they can easily be drawn into a game of defending their support for O that ends in either a spluttering, “but I like him,” or the old No True Scotsman. Good times!

That said, there’s actually a pro-Trump argument that goes along the lines of, “Rob Ford,” that I’m slightly sympathetic to, but nowhere near enough to vote for, let alone support.

• veeshir says:

For the record, I did not see any of the article’s about people claiming he’s sabotaging his own campaign before I wrote this.

I wrote it because of the way he handled/is handling the deal with the Breitbart reporter.

• HayZeus says:

Awwright, since we’re still talking about it, did you read Geraghty’s screed about how Trump was always positively awful and you rubes (specifically Ann Coulter and oddly, Milo) should have known better? For me there was a twinge of sympathy since Geraghty has been one of the few bright spots there but that’s still overwhelmed by the deliciously fendy schadenfreude I’m having at watching a pro-amnesty Establishment rag complain about the uncouth barbarian that has become the likely nominee, as if it were all the fault of other pundits.

Watching our social, moral, intellectual and political betters act like fools is somewhat entertaining but when they realize they’ve been fools?

Of course, most of them, as we’re seeing with the NR crew, never admit it even as they are slapped in the face with their willful ignorance.

And that’s why nobody ‘important’ will ever acknowledge that global worming is a scam, they’ve invested too much of their prestige calling me an anti-science zealot for that to ever happen and why Peggy Noonan occasionally writes and article asking how Deer Leader could have changed so much after the election.